Week 1 (20th June) - Blogging
- Thing 1: Create your own blog, write about what you hope to get out of the programme. (If you already have a blog, then you're welcome to use that.)
- Thing 2: Explore other blogs and get to know some of the other cpd23-ers.
Week 2 (27th June) - Online presence
- Thing 3: Consider your personal brand
Week 3 (4th July) - Current awareness
- Thing 4: RSS feeds, Twitter, Pushnote
Week 4 (11th July) - Reflection week
A bit of a breather to think about what we've covered so far.
- Thing 5: Reflective practice
Week 5 - (18th July) Online Networks / Real Life Networks
- Thing 6: Online networks (LinkedIn, Facebook, LISNPN, LATNetwork, CILIP Communities)
- Thing 7: National/Regional groups, Special interest groups and looking outside the library sphere
Week 6 - (25th July) Organising yourself
Week 7 - (1st August) Librarianship training options
Week 8 - (8th August) Catch-up week / reflections
- Thing 12: Putting the social into social media
Week 9 - (15th August) Filesharing/Collaboration
- Thing 13: Google Docs, Wikis & Dropbox
Week 10 - (22nd August) Organising your references
- Thing 14: Zotero / Mendeley / citeulike
Week 11 - (29th August) Getting involved
- Thing 15: Attending, presenting at and organising seminars, conferences and other events
- Thing 16: Advocacy, speaking up for the profession and getting published.
Week 12 - (5th September) Presenting information
- Thing 17: Prezi / data visualisation / slideshare [postponed until Monday 19th September]
- Thing 18: Jing / screen capture / podcasts (making and following them)
Week 13 - (12th September) Catch-up week / reflection
Week 14 - (19th September) Extra catch-up week and Thing 17
- Thing 19: Some time to think about how you might integrate the Things so far into your workflow and routines.
Week 15 - (26th September) Careers
- Thing 20: Library Day in the Life and Library Routes/Roots
Week 16 - (3rd October) Promoting yourself in job applications and at interview
- Thing 21: How to identify your strengths, how to capitalise on your interests, how to write something eyecatching that meets job specs.
- Thing 22: Volunteering to get experience
Week 17 - (10th October) Final reflection
- Thing 23: What have you learnt and where do you want to go from here?
Once you've finished
- Feedback and certificates (certificate sign up ends on 30 November 2011!)
There are some great guest bloggers lined up to contribute to the programme - details of those to follow soon!