Many organisations include some kind of Personal Development Plans (PDP) as part of their staff review/appraisal processes. The idea with these is that you identify some sort of development need, think about how you could fill that gap, and set yourself a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-Limited) objective to help you do it. I've put together a quick template that can be used for this, but feel free to tweak it to suit yourself or use one of the many other templates available online.
- For this last thing, we would like you to reflect on the programme in general and on what you want to do next.
- Identify some gaps in your experience, either by looking at requirements for that next job you're aiming for or by conducting a SWOT analysis. The Library Routes and Library Day in the Life projects might be helpful here too.
- Think about how you can fill those gaps and put together a Personal Development Plan to do that. You don't have to put the PDP on the blog unless you feel comfortable doing that.
- Write about the process of putting the plan together and whether you think this is a useful way to think about your CPD in general.
- Keep blogging and let us know how you get on!
|Open Road by therefromhere|